Saturday, July 12, 2008

Textual Treasure

I just love this dress. It is based on an altered vintage Skipper pattern and made with three coordinating fabrics. The sash is completely removable and can be worn crossed in the front or the back. The top of the dress is lined, the bottom and sides of the skirt are hand-hemmed-I just didn't like how the machine stitching looked on this. It closes in the back with three snaps, and the sash closes with a snap as well. It is available on Etsy, there are links to the right of this post.

If you look closely at the photo below, you will see stitches in black thread from both the hand-hemming and from the lowest snap. I am thinking of re-doing both in gray thread rather than in black. Anybody have an opinion?


Update: I did re-do the hem in gray, and moved the third snap up to where I could attach it to the seam connecting the top and the bottom. Much better!

No comments: