Saturday, August 23, 2008

Challenge 5 Results!

I did my research on Lipstick Jungle and thought OH YEAH. That's just what we need. ANOTHER television show about the erotic angst of white upper class women! But that's a rant for another blog.

So, I tried a shot at what Blayne did for this challenge and constructed some "shorts" for a day to evening look. I even chose the gray palette to make it "classy."(To see more shots of this outfit, click on either of the pictures )I actually like this outfit, and had fun dreaming it up. For fabric, I used coordinating swatches of drapery fabric samples. The jacket is made from an oversized plaid, so you can't detect the pattern, only see a blocking of color. The shorts are made from a micro-version of the same plaid. My only regret is that I didn't have high-heels for Stella to wear, that would've been a better look. But she loves her boots and is happy in spite of me.

No comments: